Saturday, November 13, 2004

We miserable poor Hindus !

How pathetic we Hindus are? Every time something happens I ask this question? India, a Hindu dominated country is trying to erase all its Hindu past and is glorifying its Muslim period. Ok. Wait a minute. What am I talking about? Why am I sending you this rabble of words on Diwali? Because recently, one of our Shankaracharya was arrested on the charge of Murder, yeh, khoon! So I just wanted to tell you something about our own Hindi society. Just my thoughts you see, I am such a bugger. Anyways, let’s brush our history a little bit.

I hope I don’t need to tell you about rapists, plunderers and bandits like Genghis Khan, Mahemud Ghaznavi, Alla-u-din Khilaji. And Taimurlang (ohh by any chance if anybody of you don’t know about this contact me!) So we will jump straight to to our great Mughals. Akabar who slaughtered 200000 Rajputs in Rajasthan becomes Akbar the Great and all the atriocities of Auragzeb are erased from the textbook. We make movies on Shahajahaan .He is epitomized as a great lover. Right? What do you think of Hitler, a great lover or a dictator who killed millions by his acts? I mean he did marry his long time lover Eve Braun before committing suicide. Nobody makes movies on his love life but everybody focuses on his racial genocide. But we in great India makes movies on Shaha-jahaan, who by the way slaughtered some hundred thousand people during his mission in South India. He had burning desire to convert whole India into Muslim dominion. And even Taj-Mahal which is usually credited to him, is not built by him. Its Tejo-Mahal, build by some Rajput king. I mean Excuse me, I sincerely doubt a plunderer and Muslim zealot like him can envision structure like Taj-Mahal.

These are just some of the examples. I may not have put it in proper manner. Because such acts continues beyond words and imagination. But who cares. Poor Shivaji, he fought in vain. Actually I think he fought for wrong people.

And by the way there is not a single Hindi movie on the life of Shivaji or Maharana Pratap or on Guru Govind Singhji. I guess this is because Mr. M.K. Gandhi thought that these people were misguided patriots. And for our beloved Mr. Nehru, Shivaji was a Bandit, a thief, plunderer.

I am upset. I can’t express my frustration in words. I am not talking in particular about recent arrest of Shankaracharya in South India. It does not surprise me beyond certain point. I am pretty sure that most of friends, whom this column is intended, are not aware of number of Peeths or number of Shankaracharys in India.

I don’t see this act as beginning of crimes against Hindus but I see this as epitome of crime against Hindus. Almost all the riots are started by Muslims but still we, Hindus are held responsible. I totally understand the feelings of Muslims killed in recent Gujrat riots but they should not have burned 59 innocent people in train.

Mohammad Shahabuddin is responsible for 72 counts of crimes that range from theft to rape. But still he is not arrested and in fact he is union cabinet minister. Imam Bukhari of New Delhi openly supports Afghanistan terrorists and Taliban but still he is not arrested. Mr. Bilal (I am not sure about his first name.) who is responsible for burning train in Godhra is still not convicted for crime. Whole of family of Dawood Ibrahim and Tiger Memon is living peacefully in Dubai and Karachi. Well, you see, they killed only 350 people in Bombay blasts in 1993 and majority of them were Hindus. So, we should not talk about them. Astonishingly, Dawood’s brother stood for recent elections in Mumbai.

How about Kashmiri Pandits who are living like refugees in their own country. In fact India is probably only country where Indian citizens lives like refugees. Their crime, they are Hindus. Does anybody cares about large scale Bangladeshi Muslim infusing in north-east India and in West Bengal?

And how about giving Ram-Janmabhumi , Krishna Janma-bhumi and Kashi-Vishveshwar temple back to Hindus? Oops! That’s a wrong subject to talk about, a taboo if I may say.

Arresting Shankaracharya is just an episode. Such acts will continue. But if we, Hindus stop caring about it then soon our life will be miserable too.

Happy Diwali.

No comments: