Saturday, April 09, 2005

My Writing!

It’s not hard to notice that most of my blog is about current affairs. My purpose of maintaining blog is to express my opinions about current issues. I do read lot of current affairs so one may say that it must be easy for me to write all this stuff. But it is not that simple. Increasingly, it is getting difficult for me to write about contemporary topics. I would like to call it as my writer’s block! Not that I am a writer but who said that writers block happens only to writers! Strangely, the problem is not lack of ideas or thoughts but in fact, it is too many of them. Whenever I start writing about certain issue I start to see many new dimensions of it and I fell miserably whenever I try to cover all these dimensions.

For example I was trying to write a short column about whether India will be super power in the year 2020 or not. The issue was simple; in the sense the thesis statement was either yes or no. And the column should proceed with few arguments and facts to support the main thesis. At least that was my initial plan until I got lost in my own thoughts. I started well, but as I progressed I tried to incorporate so many factors like caste politics, regional politics, lack of assertiveness etc that I couldn’t find way to finish it. Though my column had lot of material, it was completely incoherent, confused and befuddled piece of writing.

I think I should stratify my thoughts. (I just learned stratification method in my Survey Sampling class.) Like, this is about Religion; this one is about nation-state and so on and so forth. This will help me in using only relevant data and points, while writing about certain issue.

Hmm! Now I am kind of confused on how to end this column. I guess I will just say see ya!

No comments: