Sunday, May 28, 2006

I H S K (I Hate Salman Khan)

‘Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me’

This saying is so apt when discussing Salman Khans issue. Yesterday I was watching his interview on some desi channel here in US and he was confidently telling the interviewer how he is innocent and how he is framed. He seemed to be catching up with his lost glory. And, I kept wondering whether Indian press is retarded or Indian people are retarded.

We have taped phone conversation of Salman Khan with underworld don but he is still making movies. He killed an endangered specie and convicted for that crime and yet he is making movies. As if killing an animal wasn’t enough for him, for the love of sweet mother of Moses, he rammed his SUV on pavement in inebriated state and killed a pavement dweller. And, not only he making movies, he is doing entertainment shows in US. Holy Cow! He just fooled everyone at least thrice.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice – well, you can’t fool me twice. I am already a fool.

how can he do this? More than that, how can Indian people allow him to do all this shitty stuff ? Either he is smart and have high contacts (like underworld don!) or Indian people are too dumb that they believe when he says that ‘I am innocent’. I think it’s both. He is smart and Indian people are dumb. I wonder whether Amir Khan knows about Salman Khan or he just overlooking him because he is his fellow Muslim brethren.

The reason why Salman is so confident of getting away with anything is because he knows that there are host of other people who got away with their misdeeds. Sanjay Dutta for example, had stockpile of AK-47 and cops have hours of conversation between him and Chhota Shakil. And yet, he got away. We have photographs of Anil Kapoor, Anju Manhendroo, Mahesh Bhatta etc. posing with Dawood Ibrahim. (For those who forgot – Dawood Ibrahim is main culprit behind Bombay Blasts in 1992) Such list goes on and I haven’t even started to talk about our politicians.

To stay within the law is increasingly getting hard in India. To break the law is easy because one, our laws, judiciary system is a joke and our judges are bunch of corrupt jokers. If you have enough money or if you are politician then you can pretty much rape anyone, kill anyone and steal millions of rupees. You will still be as pure as mineral water and as holy as Ganges water.

I don’t see any end to this anarchy. Even if magically we have an elaborate and perfectly working law system then these criminals will still get away because lawmakers and judges are part of the same society that has messed up concepts about what is right and what is wrong . If Salman had killed a person in inebriated then that’s a felony and no one should justify his act. If Sanjay Dutta is in regular contact with people responsible for Mumbai bomb blast then he is a traitor. But for this to happen, society should vehemently ask for justice.

Indian society lacks conviction and more than that it lacks desire to seek justice. Chalata hai attitude can be seen in everything that India does as a nation and hence to expect honest returns is almost impossible. Onus is on Indian society to punish people like Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt. Judiciary is just an arm of society and it is unfair to expect judiciary to work when society itself is in deep mess.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yes, this is just another example of our dumbness. "Judiciary is just an arm of society and it is unfair...." --- an important point to note.

blue_lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
blue_lady said...

Hi,

I don’t live in India, but reading your text makes me wonder about my birth country at the time I was about to go to Portugal (where I live).

At that time, Brazilian people discover that our “dear” President was involved in obscure negotiations … He wasn’t able to prove he was innocent and he was impeachment about it and carry off the President place.

It was scandalous: a President, the man who is in charge of our country, was involved in such things!!!! I remember that he was the first President to be impeachment of his place…

Well, for years I thought that the System worked once, that people are not so dumb like I thought… That people won’t be carried on with that famous ancient Roman phrase «Bread and Circus to people»!

I was so wrong!!!

About tree years ago, I discover that the same man who was impeachment of his place, was elected again!!!!

Well, I’m trying to say (sorry about my English) that things like that will happen until people start think in another way and say «no» to Roman politics.

People weren’t so dumb, they have strange to get the future in their hands (history will prove this point), but they just won’t do that, because they always have something to lose: the circus… and the bread.

blue_lady said...

Thanks for not delete my comment. (He he he) and for your note in my portuguese blogg.

Best,

Eli

makarand joshi said...

Fool me once, shame on u. Fool me twice, shame on me. Well please dont do that now, let me have the pleasure of fooling myself.

sushilsingh said...

Dear,Friend
Salman Khan , born Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan on December 27, 1965 is

an Indian film actor who appears in Bollywood movies.One thought, and with

reason enough, that Salman Khan had only biceps and some stylish hops to offer

to Bollywood.Salman Khan has made some great friends over the years in the

Hindi Film Industry. His bond with Sanjay Dutt is known to one and all.
Please Visit For More detail
http://desidirectory.com/desi-indian-blogs/